I almost started a grease fire last night. A beer can chicken on a cookie sheet with no sides = bad idea. Juicy goodness from the chicken leaked all over the bottom of the stove and started burning to a toxic crisp. The fire alarms went, the house was in smoke, and we had to open every single window and door to air out the apartment. Thank goodness Jason never got around to putting the winter plastic up yet. (aside - we're still on no intentional heat! the thermostat is set to come on at 60 so the pipes won't burst and it has automatically come on twice. there's no lower I can set it or turn it off, so I still feel we are making a choice)Luckily the chicken was safe and tasty and nothing was damaged. We had a side of chips, gravy and dressing with that - only the BEST food ever. It's a plate of thanksgiving dinner all-in-one. We learned about it on the way to Newfoundland and had it about 16 billion times while there. Try it and you will not regret it.
Would you expand on that side of chips, gravy, and dressing? Somehow, I'm not sure I have the right picture in my head.
ReplyDeleteHi Clair! i hope this little recipe will help identify this dishes' delicious ness for you. What picture did you have in your mind...poutine? That is different.
ReplyDeleteChips = french fries, nice and crispy!
gravy = preferably a chicken flavor, nice and thick
dressing = stove top stuffing for that fatty good taste, or any preferred home made stuffing
set chips on a plate, cover with dressing, cover all THAT with gravy and dig in.
So, that's what they eat on-the-way-to-Newfoundland. What you've described is pretty much what the photo looked like, but I couldn't believe that anyone would divulge secret eating habits like this.
ReplyDeleteYou always give me lots to think about, Erikka!