Tuesday, October 28, 2008

E - B - S - C - O

ebsco

Through my college, I have access to some awesome databases. Literally, a world of information is at my fingertips...well, if I can use the right search terms to find it. One of my favorite databases is Academic Search Complete. The interface is easy to look at and intuitively set up to find what goes where and how one performs a search. One of my professors demoed this in class and it was very extensive with results. But one thing the professor didn't comment on was a word on the right in that picture, with a box to check it for a...reaction. Do you see it? It's like a BIG RED BUTTON SCREAMING to be clicked. Explode.

Who says searching databases can't be exciting? and have DANGEROUS options? When I'm feeling lucky, I don't go search on Google, I click the "explode" box in the Ebsco Host database.
Try it sometime. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment