Friday, October 24, 2008

Cataloging

Of which I learned two steps of how-to-do today!

I learned how to delete a MARC record and I learned how to reclassify a book's holding code. I know, big deal right? BUT IT IS! These are the essential duties of a librarian that no outsider would ever guess as part of a librarian's job. I am finally being initiated, slowly but surely. When I deleted a record, I deleted the book from our collection. Then the physical book also has to removed from our space so I get to stamp them all with a big rubber stamp that says



So cool.

What also makes it cooler is that in the cataloging program we use, there is a button that looks like this -


The button states it "reveals spaces" when I place the cursor on it, but what that means...I have yet to find out. Moi ah ah ah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment