Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Year In Review

Recently I was tagged by Christy from Farm Dreams to write an Archive Meme. Thanks Christy! Little would I want to admit to the blog world, but I will throw caution to the wind - I've always wanted to be tagged for a meme! Almost like a blogger wants comments, bloggers want to be connected to other bloggers, at least this blogger does. I try to be a devoted blog reader as well as a devoted blog writer, and when my efforts are noticed...(insert semi-blush here) it feels warm and fuzzy inside my little ol' heart.

Now on to the meme!


Family
It's only been in the last five or so years that I've come to appreciate my family members as the people and individuals they are. As I've grown more into who I want to be, I guess it's helped me see them separated from me. And there's a need for a little distance to really know and see someone. Especially someone you love. In a prior post you saw a current photo of my dad and I, so I added this one here for the rest of my family. From l-to-r: John, Diane, Brian


Friends
Looking through the ol' archives, I noticed I do not often write about my friends, well, friends other than Jason because he makes up a good chunk of the friend blogs. I had to go with Christine, who I've known since 1994 in our days at Manchester's finest of high schools, Central. When she lived in Boston, we had fun and adventures galore. When she left Boston, a huge piece of my heart and my social calendar went with her.


About Me
Dear internet and blog world, do let me apologize right now for never fully introducing myself to you. Looking back, there is no My name is Erikka. I like this....I don't like this....I'm a Taurus, blah blah blah. I jumped into this online community with a bunch of abstract ramblings and opinions, thinking all the while I was talking about myself. But really, I wrote more about my family on here than directly about myself. I'll fix that soon.


Something I Love
and Another thing I love too
Gardening is one of my first loves, and it something I share with Jason, making me love him even more. Winter's icy blanket is currently spread over the land, so gardening stories are few and far to come by at this point. I can say that I am also plot-less! With my move to JP, keeping my plot back in Davis Square would not have been feasible to care for my veggies properly. I;m on a few waiting lists in JP, but the gardens have fewer plots than I'm used to. I feel sad and naked without one. I just recently got my seed catalog which I hurriedly went through and marked up for what I wanted...then remembered I don't have any place to plant them...As for Jason and I - I wrote the linked post at the height of our blossoming love, but can honestly say it has only continued to grow and surprise me in unexpected ways. One thing we talk more and more of is our dream of owning and working a farm someday. We both spent time as apprentices in the past and recollect those times as some of the most fulfilling, happiest, and healthiest of our lives. To return to that together...as our lifestyle...will be my heart's content.



Wild Card 1 and 2 and 3
These are all short enough that together they would equal one post. I chose these three because they are funny, irreverent, and impossibly important moments that happen to me, and you, every day. Sometimes we notice them, sometimes they go by. The funny, irreverent moments connect us all and if there is one salient point to this here blog it is to call out those moments, to share them, relish them, and hopefully in doing so, notice more.



To pass on the meme love, I tag - Kelli, NPW, Noelle, Sobe, AND...Gruppie. Pass it on sistah friends.

*Archive Meme Instructions: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. ... but there is a catch: Link 1 must be about family. Link 2 must be about friends. Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about. Link 4 must be about something you love. Link 5 can be anything you choose. I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better....and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

5 comments:

  1. that was a fun post! I can't believe I made it up there...that post about me though is very dear to my heart. I still remember reading it at work, having to stop numerous times as my eyes swelled up... I miss you Erikka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag. I might not get to this one for a while, I'm not much of a memer lately. But I'll keep it on the hopper in case the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pressure.

    Thanks for the tag. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh tag, I'm it.

    Once my brain starts working on East Coast time again, I'm totally on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this! Reading your gush about Jason was nice, I've been with my husband so long I don't remember feeling that way anymore.

    ReplyDelete