Thank you to Tara, from SadieandLeo. She is going to be the first person to have some of her very own 'Made by Erikka' paper. I'll be sad to see the Go Green paper go, but it is nice to think it will be out there in the world being used. Do other artists feel this post par tum sadness from their creations? Each of these sets of paper are like miniature stories to me. Each ingredient added may have a piece of my life attached to it...If you've seen the movie The Waitress, perhaps you'll understand what I mean. A short synopsis is this - a waitress in a small town is known for the extraordinary pies she makes. Her inspiration - her life. For example, she makes something like a "Kill My Husband Pie" with particular ingredients that her husband can't stand but that she loves. Later she makes some sort of pie for her soon to be baby too.
I swear this relates to me. This week-end I made some paper I call "To Someone With Love." The paper is made up from two papers that were Valentine's I gave Jason, bits of flowers from a bouquet he gave me, and colored using the pink envelope from a Valentine's my dad gave me. There is a lot of love in this paper. This was the first batch that all the paper came out uniform in size and shape to what I wanted it to be. I also tried something new with the leftover bits of paper that are too sparse to make into a full sheet. I dumped the remains out on my screen and then using the water faucet, turned on very low, I shaped the last little bit into a heart shaped piece of paper! This is going to be my beau's valentines from me (the others I mentioned above were build ups to the real day). Now the remains will always be made into some shape paper, cutting back on waste.
Oh yes, just to plug SadieandLeo a smidge more - I bought some really lovely earrings from the above shop, these ones in fact -
and have been very satisfied with the purchase. Check out Tara's shop as it is having a big Valentine's Day Blow Out Sale, with much more tasteful items for sale than those words.
I loved The Waitress. It made me want to make pies. And date Nathan Fillion.
ReplyDeleteOh, you're the best, really thank you!
ReplyDelete:):):):):):)
I can't wait to receive my lovely paper. And I know what you mean when you say that everything you make is a piece of you, I couldn't agree more. It is sad to see it go, everything! But like you said it'll be out there in the world and that makes it all better.
You are so sweet for the plugs, so sweet!
Congrats on your sale!
ReplyDeletecool, congrats on the sell. It must be hard after putting all that care into something to let it go, but it has to be exciting too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by the "To Someone With Love" paper, sounds awesome and I really like that it's constructed from all those other valentines and such. Very heart warming
I admire the creativity, I will have to check out your store. I have a bracelet from SadieAndLeo that I'm head over heels in love with.
ReplyDelete