Friday, September 28, 2007

Milkweed On the Breeze

Moments with Jason are becoming so.much.fun. They've always been fun, but there's this new layer of context to everything we do and say. Like now it is truly me and him. I want to write a blog about him. About us. About us unfolding and growing and loving because this feeling is amazing.


I can see the faces and guess the comments of anyone reading a sight like that - how pathetic. she has nothing better to write about than her boyfriend? lame.


There are not too many things I can say in defense of myself. I shock myself with these gushing diatribes I see unfurling in my mind - odes to love to life and to Jason. So, I have nothing to say in my defense. What I can say though is that I want to remember it all. Remember every funny face he makes. All the moments we share. The reasons he makes me laugh. And if I don't attempt to write them all down, all I'll have are the photos to remind me. Photos are miraculous in their capturing a place, the colors, and the sights of a moment, but they miss the words, the smells, the touches that made that moment.

Blogs are for ranting. raving. gushing. sharing. Most importantly, blogs seem to be time capsules, a place to write down and keep a record of important events and people in our lives that we never want to lose. In this light, writing about Jason and I is only being true to my life, as it is, right now. Maybe it is me and I feel unable to share verbally, but it seems my friends don't want to hear about how happy I am. They ask a few questions, but if I go on for more, I'm gushing again and they roll their eyes.


BUT I WANT TO GUSH!

I WANT TO SPEW WORDS OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS EVERYWHERE AND ON EVERYONE!


This virtual world is good for many things and one of them is uninterrupted gushing ranting raving time. You blog about your most pressing concern, and I mine. Right now, mine is holding on to as many crinkle eyed smiles, soft warm hands, and silent understandings as possible.

Stay with me if you can. Happiness is catchy after all.





















No comments:

Post a Comment