Tuesday, December 12, 2017

#LiveLikeLeslie - Positive Times Infinity




Episode 6, Rock Show
Leslie-ism:

"This is a symbol of hope. This is a symbol 
the park will be built!"


With the forward momentum of the sub-committee and public forum under her belt, Leslie gets even more amped up when Andy has his casts removed, as he is the face of The Pit project to her.  She triumphantly holds up one of his leg casts as she says this week's Leslie-ism.  Other things that happened were - Leslie's mom sets her up with an 80 year old, Mark tries to hit on Ann, and Ann dumps Andy when she learns he kept his casts on so she would continue to wait on him.

Sometimes we all could use a little more meaning in life.  At dark times a surprising "omen" could keep us on the right paths.  Leslie uses the power of positive reinforcement to get the job done!  We could all benefit from trying to find symbols, meanings, and hope (when needed) in seemingly dirty, ugly, maybe unrelated objects. 

(Sub)Leslie-isms:

"Kennedy put a man on the moon...I can build one park."
- It is a rare thing to find out the effects one has had on others, the environment, the world.  If you're lucky enough for others to share this with you -great!  Most of the time you'll never know, but always give everything 110% of your effort.   That is how Leslie does everything in her life - personal and professional.

"You know how I love mixing work into my personal life."
- Leslie waffled (ha! play on words fo' sho') between skipping what she thought was a business meeting (but turned out to be a date) to go to Andy's rock show.  She makes it to the show just as Scarecrow Boat is exiting the stage.  Leslie never turns down an invite from a colleague/friend (as really, those two are the same for her!).  She is the master of always working while always having fun. 

---------------------------------

How I lived it

- During lunches, I watched Netflix (usually Parks and Rec!).  I've stopped and (unless I've had a nonstop day) am now reading during lunch.  I feel like Leslie doesn't waste a single moment of her time...neither can I!

- I made it a point to hold a family business meeting, even though it was late and we kind of wanted to cancel it.  Business meetings have been tense in the past...doesn't lead to wanting to have one at 7:30 pm.  We did it - it was quick, easy and SO productive!

- It's the holiday season, which means GIFT GIVING!  I LOVE giving gifts and this year I got the IT dept to (my defacto dept by choice) to join me in a secret santa.  As soon as names were chosen, I knew I would not only give my person a gift every day...I WOULD GIVE EVERYONE A GIFT EVERY DAY.  Just to confuse them.  And because it makes me happy. ((The ways in which the character Leslie and I are alike gets WEIRD for me sometimes as I SWEAR I AM NOT TRYING to be as much like her as I really am!!!))

- A colleague shared the concept of #hygge (said HOO-gah) with me. I KNOW if Leslie knew of it (and, um...if she were real and all!) she would SO go all out.  #Hyyge is the idea of embracing the winter months by making your inner and outer worlds filled with things you love and as cozy as you can make them.  Since my colleague told me, we've been sharing ways we are trying to make our lives have more #hygge. Talking about it, the small things I'm doing, I swear have made this positive polly even MORE positive.  

Political Actions:

- I donated $5 to the Democrat Doug Jones in hopes he might win in Alabama today.

- At school, a group of teachers is being trained by two of our colleagues in SEED.  It is intensely personal work that will influence our behaviors, beliefs, and work together on campus.

USA / Erikka: 9
Trump: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment