I start a lot of stuff and don't finish or continue a lot of that stuff.
Commitments. Habits. Routines.
I buy self help books. I want to be a better person.
Commitments. Habits. Routines.
I make vows. I make brash statements. I boldly go forth to conquer.
Commitments. Habits. Routines.
Failure isn't the act of something not working, but of not trying again.
Giving up is the only sure way to fail.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
It's not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.
When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.
All this to say that - LIVE LIKE LESLIE returns!
I lost my way for a moment...or a week or two. I'm back now. I want to make things with my hands. I want to make people smile and smile back at them. I want to see faces of people in my community as I work alongside them. I want to form connections that are meaningful and loving and lasting. As the dark engulfs New England this Winter, I need more light than dark. More love than anger. More positive than negative. I won't pass on opportunities to engage in the national political scene if I can. I'll maybe start listening to The Daily again. I'm just going to concentrate more on friends, family, and my personal life in this time of going in, drawing in the reserves, turning into the dark, curling up to be warm, alone, and cozy.
![]() |
| toward the dawn |

No comments:
Post a Comment