Episode 3, The Reporter
Leslie-ism:
Leslie-ism:
"Can I say over 100%? Because I would be lying
if I said anything less."
Shauna Malwae-Tweep is interviewing Leslie about turning the pit into a park. Shauna asks Leslie what she thinks the odds are for this park to actually be made. Leslie responds with the above answer. This is after her #1 City Planner colleague and supporter Mark Brandanowitz has outright told Shauna Malwae-Tweep (and therefore Leslie) that there is no chance the pit will ever become a park.
Leslie is not naive or a fake, positive Polly. Leslie understands that if she doesn't believe in her own dreams as much as she possibly can and beyond, how can she expect anyone else to believe in them? Or more importantly, for her dreams to turn into reality? We can all learn to dream bigger and fuller from Leslie Knope.
(Sub)LEslie-isms:
"The press is a weapon and you can use it to kill people or to feed people."
- Leslie explains that you not only have to control the message when you're promoting a project or idea but you have to time your outreach just right. Too early and too much - dead in the water. It's got to be just right and at just the right moment.
"I decided to leave in the middle of it because I figured I nailed it, so why push it, right?"
- Leslie was in the middle of her interview with Shauna when she realizes Shauna and Mark slept together, so Leslie's reasons for leaving the interview midway are less than altruistic. But sometimes things drag on longer than necessary and polite decorum keeps us from stopping when we're ahead.
"She writes, and I quote 'We'll see.' Ends on a hopeful note."
- After all of Mark Brandanowitz's doubt, Leslie finds the loophole in Shauna's less than positive article on The Pit becoming a park. She finds an opening in the "opposition," just two words that will let her keep working toward her goal, thinking there's a chance she can change their minds. She believes in her dream.
---------------------------------
How I lived it:
(I was sick from 9.25 - 10.2 so I did not post then and cut myself some slack as to what I was trying to do at the time)
- When someone I love was repeating themselves and sort of on their soap box, which would usually lead to me feeling frustrated and getting into a verbal squabble that goes nowhere, this time I just treated this person's words like love and care and said THANK YOU!
- At work, my gripe sessions have turned into 1 min or less griping - this intentional and positive practice is REALLY WORKING to help me stay focused and get shit done!
- There were some tense work sitches and #microaggressions that occurred. They still affect me internally pretty negatively, but outwardly I took professional and smart steps to "take the proper steps" to move forward. So yeah, I am playing the game but I'm also getting a record of doing so for my own piece of mine if and when I need proof.
Political Actions:
- called to thank Rand Paul, John McCain, and Susan Collins for stopping the Repeal and Replace Act one last and final time
- looked for local NH political podcasts / news sources - Political Monitor Podcast (Concord Monitor, not current), Live Free or Die Alliance podcast (not current), http://nhpoliticalcapital.com blog of SNHU professor, NHPR's The Exchange
USA / Erikka: 6
Trump: 1

No comments:
Post a Comment