Monday, June 12, 2017

Live Like Leslie. (Knope that is!)

As Parks and Recreation's last episode came to a close, I didn't know what to do.  Tears were streaming down my face.  I felt lost and a little hopeless.  This is how much I love this show right now and how much this show means to me.  At this time in our fraught political landscape, precarious place on this planet, and seemingly unbreachable distances between people, Parks and Rec has been a beacon of light and positivity to me.

And now it is over.

How will I get through the day without my happy shot?  The chuckles, giggles, and downright crying from laughing so hard moments?  The reflective moments in which I too pause right along with the characters to contemplate how I could change, be better, and make my community (nee the world!) better, too.

It is over......NO.........wait damn it!!         I am not done with it!!!!!!

Parks and Rec does not have to stop just because I watched the last episode.  I can rewatch Parks and Rec over and over again, true, but I want more...NEED more of the positivity and hope this show gives me in each episode.

Inspiration has struck.

I will watch the entire seven seasons all over again.   I will watch it, breathe it, and LIVE. LIKE. LESLIE.  Ok, well, not live like Leslie as I don't think I can rock her early pant or skirt suits and I definitely don't want to devote quite so much time to betterment of the community (nee the world!) as she does (she's an INSANE workaholic).  What I can do is take Leslie Knope at her word and use her Leslie-isms in my day-to-day life to make me better, my world and the world of those around me better, just like Leslie Knope and the town of Pawnee.

This idea makes me SO. HAPPY.

To make my tv watching fit into all the many other summer plans I have for myself (including reading 24 books between now and the last week of August, for example), I think I'm going to make an episode watching and blog post writing schedule...or maybe I'll make a binder.  With sticky notes and color coordination and every possible outcome and combination possible typed out and planned for within it's hard, plasticky confines.

That's the Leslie Knope way!


-----------
Stay tuned.


5 comments:

  1. I like that idea! I don't like podcasts, so I vote for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! Why don't you like podcasts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just not good with listening to things with no visuals- my mind wanders and I don't pay attention. I don't like audiobooks, either. And I'm a fast reader, so I get impatient when listening to things I could be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Leslie would be proud!

    ReplyDelete