"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust
Sunday, September 10, 2017
#LiveLikeLeslie - Begin!
This week will mark the first week of a new era for me and for the U S of A. This week, I embark on my endeavor to Live Like Leslie (Knope)!
Each week I will post and each post will consist of three parts. Part one will be a Leslie-ism from an episode of the show, in sequential order. I'll give my interpretation or insight into my hero's words and I'll include a few sub-Leslie-isms for fun. This is subjective, as I'm choosing the Leslie-ism. There are others in each episode (and from other characters!) I'm sure.
Part two will be how I tried to live and embody that Leslie-ism throughout the week or how it helped me deal/cope/manage/get through/not punch someone's face out. I'm hoping it will be a lot more of the prior than the latter; Leslie Knope was a tricky little minx and she always remained positive and (mostly) polite.
And lastly, the third and hardest part - political actions I took that week. By political, I mean in the local or national scene, not the GoT professional or personal type. If nothing else, Leslie Knope is a true model of a democratic citizen and to be anything like her, I have to be more intentionally political. Plus, this country needs me right now, so this is me U S of A, steppin' up. (I only wish I could have made that a ref to Step Up the movie...if only I were that good!)
I hope y'all will be eagerly anticipating the release of the first post a week from tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post links to my FB. In case I forget, you dear reader should subscribe to the blog to get my posts directly!
'Till tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay! I can't wait :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! The world needs more Leslie Knope.
ReplyDelete