More and more in books, on film, and on t.v. I see over and over and over again - married men. cheating. Married men. Having affairs. Why? Is this a truth? An infallible truth? All men cheat? Is that really so? Am I naive to think, to hope, to believe otherwise?

So I am wondering a few things -
1) has your husband ever cheated on you? are you still together?
2) have you cheated? are you still together?
3) have you ever been the other woman? and if yes, have you then been cheated on and did you react differently?
Now, I am not dismissing the fact that women, too, have their affairs. Because they do. However, if I could somehow run a statistical search to find out how many movies and/or books feature womens' affairs, I'm sure that number would be drastically lower than the mens' affairs numbers.
wow, that's an intense question to ask people to discuss! Sometimes, I think they portray this type of deal in movies/on tv because it plays to the fantasy of people's minds, getting away from it all, but I don't think everyone necessarily partakes. I would like to see a study tho showing the percentage of people who cheated pre-tv and then post-tv era.
ReplyDeleteI do feel at times that our society is breeding a sort of carelessness about love and relationships with people divorcing because its so common now then when it was more taboo.
I think feeling this way has caused me to look for a moral equality in my partner, that I feel equals my own. No one is perfect, we all falter, but at least starting off with the same values and outlook on what a relationship means and what we want it to be is a good start.