Friday, January 23, 2009

Uncalled for

In today's Boston Globe, a small article on page A2 caught my eye, it's headline blazing "Neo-Nazi group joins clean-up program." (Kansas City, MO)

Seriously?

White supremacists must be desperate over falling pledge numbers because they're move to get their name on roadside signs seems...down right funny. If that is what they think it takes to get recognition...for keeping a mile of highway clean, um, ok...On the other hand, I do find it hard to believe that the court had to let them do this due to first amendment rights. There's nothing in the constitution about extremist groups and their propaganda?

On a more chipper note, I've got a lot to say about my trip to Nicaragua, so I am writing about it in another forum. If anyone is interested, I'll send you the link personally.


PEACE Y'ALL!

4 comments:

  1. Erikka, I'd love to read about your Nicaraguan adventure. Please send me the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. And here I thought that groups like that were all about hating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy shit? what the fuck is up with that? that is quite disturbing

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There's nothing in the constitution about extremist groups and their propaganda?" There is, but it deals with their right to freedom of speech and assembly. Anybody can say they support free speech when it's speech they like. The true supporters of free speech (like the ACLU) support speech they don't want to hear.

    ReplyDelete