Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Moment's Notice

My blog has been stagnant due to a brief foray out of the country to Nicaragua. Regularly scheduled posting will soon follow.

Since my poll on what book to read next did not end with a decisive winner, I read the three books that got votes, in alphabetical order. :)

I read Gilead, Impossible, and Love Among the Walnuts. Gilead was a beautifully written prose style book - a man's reflections to his son as he approaches death. Not exactly airplane reading, but I wanted to stay true to my poll. Impossible was GREAT - a modern day fairytale without the helpless damsel crap and a true love story. And last, Love Among the Walnuts - a kooky story about a young man trying to save the family business from his greedy power hungry uncles, interesting read.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting! I haven't even crossed the state line in months.

    Looking forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete