I'm supposed to have something to say here. I'm supposed to have something to share here. I'm supposed to have time to write here.
My days...oh my days...they have gone from tedious and boring and long and never ending to FULL to OVERFLOWING to ENGAGING to WONDERFUL.
Last week was spirit week at the school I work at. This included (for the days I was there to participate) "boy day" on Wednesday, which I passed for since my clothes were androgynous, and Friday was "red day" which I also passed for since I had on red. While in the cafeteria eating lunch, a group of girls lip synched to The New Kids On the Block...and I knew all. the. words. AND all the dance moves to the songs. Wow. They were dressed to mock the era, but I remember sporting those clothes to look COOL.
School is busy with busy work and some few interesting projects - I created a wiki, a web page, and a school library brochure! Let me tell you, if you ever feel like you are computer illiterate, you can go on to youtube or blip or blop or some other online video place and you can learn in about three minutes just about anything.
For real.
So, this is me in a quick three second update. How are you?
I never learned the moves to dance to NKOTB. I feel like I have a misspent youth.
ReplyDeleteI'm great, thank you for asking!
ReplyDeleteMy husband seriously asked me the other day if I wanted to go see the NKOTB in Phoenix. He wasn't even kidding. I kind of wish he was, but the 13 year old girl in me wanted to say yes. Alas, there will be no reunion tour with my youth. I'll pass after seeing how terrible they are now. Sad.
I wish life had spirit days.
sounds pretty cool, I was hoping you would say you busted out the ol' moves since you knew them and all!
ReplyDeleteI still remember when we used to have crazy mix-up day at school. Once I had it and wore these red pants and awful off-white sweater, then realized I had a field trip that day to go...square dancing?!? Ya, I was the girl NO ONE wanted to dance with. I think I still don't wear red pants because of that.
noelle - let's make up for lost time. got a vhs player?
ReplyDeletes n' l - hi! long time no write. I'm glad to see you're here! :) Wouldn't that be so fun, state wide or city wide spirit days...? I used to think life would be fun as a musical, but I know not everyone would share that sentiment. Spirit days though...they could work.
cdawg - what a traumatic story. we should try to heal you of your wound by taking you square dancing (or conra...?) in some hot red pants.
So true about youtube - I've used it many times to learn about things.
ReplyDelete