Tuesday, September 30, 2008

100 Miles is Farther Than I Think

A friend of mine is reading The 100 Mile Diet. This has been on my to-read list for a while now. I think I needed a break from the green food reading after my stint with Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, In Defense of Food, and Slow Food Nation. Seeing that my friend is reading it spurs me to want to read this now, now that I feel behind!

Until I do, I went and checked out the website for the movement and it is a really neat resource. Not only does it give you tips on how to start, but it calculates your 100 miles for you. When I saw how big 100 miles really is, I suddenly thought...hm, eating only within a 100 mile radius might not be as hard as I imagined it to be...

Has anyone else not read this book and interested to do so?

1 comment: