When I first heard the term "window treatment" I remember wondering what was I treating my windows to...a cleaning? A special chemical that enhanced their clean shininess? Then my brother used the term in reference to making CURTAINS for he and his wife's new apartment and relief washed over me, followed by exasperation. Why not just say CURTAINS? Why do we as people have to continually try to come up with new words to make ourselves sound more cultured and sophisticated? I don't have to sound haute couture, so I say CURTAINS.
This week-end I completed three pairs of curtains for our apartments living room. These are the most simple and easy to make curtains ever; the sewing impaired could use these DIY instructions and make curtains.
I have quite a few projects in the works right now and planned to work on all of them today. Though I only worked on the curtains and hemmed a pair of pants, at least I can say I am now DONE the curtains and can concentrate on the other projects - a sign for Jason's sister Angela for when she does craft shows (see her etsy shop at DyedSpinning), paper making, and the same bird and tree cross stitch project I mentioned last month. Having two days off seemed a wonderful gift at some point in life, but it's just not enough time for me to accomplish everything, to see everyone I want to see, or to go everywhere I want to go. Sigh. I guess that is what is truly meant about prioritizing - making the most of every minute so when you don't get to some things, those things are the least important and you don't feel bad about not getting to them.
Jason and I did manage to squeeze in going to Cafe D located blocks away
from home on Centre Street in lovely downtown JP. I highly recommend it for its romantic and funky atmosphere
and its tasty, higher priced food. I got the prix fixe selection which guaranteed three courses for $27, not a bad deal. I got a Boston Bibb salad (B, but I'm a salad snob. To get an A a salad would have to have at least 5 other ingredients besides lettuce), the Penne pasta (A, yummy pesto with mushrooms ), and chocolate mousse for dessert (A+). All this was also accompanied by two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and a Tawny Port (both get an A) with my dessert. Jason had this deelish duck with celeriac prepared three ways and some lentils. He gave me a piece of crispy, golden duck skin, fat still clinging to its underside...and I have to admit it...it was a little orgasm in my mouth. Over all experience: A.On to tomorrow where there is church, football, and possibly paper making in store...
I also used to be confused by window treatments. It's a silly catch-all for curtains.
ReplyDeleteyour curtains turned out great! i didn't realize you had a kenmore sewing machine. those are oldies but goodies.
ReplyDeletei wish we could craft together!!!
i totally thought the same thing about "window treatments" back in the day. like what, was the window doctor going to come over and administer some kind of procedure?
ReplyDeletei totally thought the same thing about "window treatments" back in the day. like what, was the window doctor going to come over and administer some kind of procedure?
ReplyDelete