
All I want to be doing right now is as follows - at home with a cup of tea beside me, a movie on low volume on the television, and my cross stitch project to work on. The project is taking the above Charly Harper Print and creating a cross stitch version for our living room. I want all of Charly Harper's art in some form in my apartment. I wonder if I am infringing on his copyrights if I am reproducing his art work...probably not since I'm not selling it.
My mind is also on a holiday gift for Jason's sister, Angela. She spins her own wool and dyes it too. She has started her own little business over at an etsy shop called Dyed Spinning. And, sh, as a secret, Jason bought her her own URL for a website! BUT! I am looking to make her some "subversive cross stitch" type knit signs for when she does art shows and craft fairs. Her signs will read -
KNIT HAPPENS.
You ain't shit, if you don't knit.
And other such charming phrases. Thank goodness for the holiday season and gift giving because this year, it has opened up the flood gates to my creativity and I am FULL of ideas.
Let the creating begin!
I hadn't heard of this artist, and I love his work! Thanks, thanks, thanks!
ReplyDelete~Jessica
you probably are infringing, but as long as you don't sell it I think you are ok :)
ReplyDeletebtw, did you ever finish christine's wedding present?c
That print reminds me of a geometric drawing class I took in 8th grade. I insisted in using only red, black, and teal to color every single piece.
ReplyDelete