Thursday, January 17, 2008

ew ew, ew ew, ewwww , I Got A New Attitude

With the loss of my focus for this blog, my mind began scrambling. What was I going to write about now?! Having one topic helped me concentrate! Gave me a reason to write! And with such an involved story of a family history and genealogy, there was structure - steps to take, places to go, people to talk to, books to read! If I don't have deadlines, I need structure. (at least at this point in my writing life I do)

Now...it is all gone...and I am left staring at a blank white blog screen...

fade out.


fade in.


Welcome to the NEW and IMPROVED (but not much different in appearance) The_Extra_Ordinary. Please note the addition of new sections in the left hand column that will guide you to wonderful stores and sites for shopping. Because let's face it - if you're not in a yurt in the woods with no electricity, running water, and off the grid, you're buying stuff. We all buy stuff. We need stuff to live. There's only one thing we can do, one thing we have left to defend ourselves and our way of life - vote with your dollar. To help us all out in this area of smart, intentional, conscientious shopping, I have provided some sustainable practicing, fair trade loving, organic material using sites for your enjoyment. I hope this makes shopping that much easier and less stressful for someone. If there is a site I missed that you absolutely adore, do send it my way in comments to be added.

Also notice the new food section where I will post not only vegetarian sites, but all food sites of which I use and admire, and the small Etsy section for my favorite shops there. Etsy may not always be organic, but most of the people are DIY people, people I want to support in their efforts.

My blog will not just be about 'Green Topics.' I would be wasting my effort for the millions of bloggers out there and websites and companies already doing that and doing it well (LL Cool J style of course). However, I will be focusing more on my daily practices of gardening, composting, reducing-recycling-reusing, and other DIY attempts I make to in trying to live intentionally.

We'll see how well it goes and if I like it, and you like reading it, I'll continue.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are doing an outstanding thing here. I understand your need to make your genealogy private, but I implore you to continue your research so that you can pass these stories down throughout the generations of your family. I know so very little about my family and where we all "came" from, so I am happy that you will be continuing this pursuit.

    I love love love being part of your shops! Thank you so very much. I love that you have provided these for all to see, sometimes knowing how to shop conscientiously is the hard part, so thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime SadieandLeo, those sentiments are exactly why I did it.

    I most certainly am continuing the search and I still have the full backing of my parents, phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, i think this will be a good topic, and you can always adapt and change as necessary.
    your genealogy updates will be missed

    ReplyDelete