Leslie-ism:
Ladies celebrating ladies.
It's like Lilith Fair minus the angst.
Plus Frittatas.
Ladies celebrating ladies.
It's like Lilith Fair minus the angst.
Plus frittatas.
Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=parks-and-recreation&episode=s02e16Ladies celebrating ladies.
It's like Lilith Fair minus the angst. Plus frittatas. Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=parks-and-recreation&episode=s02e16
- season 2, episode 16
Love is not about romance alone, especially since Leslie was single for a lot of Parks and Rec. No, to Leslie friendship, ladies, and having a tribe are paramount to her happiness and life. She will go out of her way and have no sleep for her friends.
As a tradition and to be the pinnacle of Leslie's devotion to her friends, she invented Galentine's Day - the day before Valentine's Day - on which she and all her girlfriends get together for brunch and she showers them with gifts. I would be remiss to not embrace this day myself and to celebrate my lady friends...and WRITE ABOUT it of course.
How I lived it:
Thinking of others has actually been scientifically proven to improve one's health. Leslie must know this intuitively as she continually gives until it hurts...and never expects anything in return. I wish I could say I didn't expect anything in return...but I do!
- For my ladies who are far away (which is predominantly the ladies in my life, as most of my dearest friends dont live nearby) , I decided to call them and tell them how much I love and appreciate them.
- I made tiny cards and got some candy (fireballs - cuz ladies I know are HAWT and CALIENTE!) to hand out to ladies who I admire at work. at first I wasn't going to do this as...I don't feel super close to people at work. In the end, I decided that didn't matter because I REALLY LIKE some people at work. And how will I ever get to feel super close to anyone if I don't try...
- My book club has been together for over 10 years (though recently it went through one...minor reiteration). We've always talked about hot button issues and our dealings in life as women. Many times this year, the phrase #aintnobodygottimeforthat came up, and it has become my unofficial motto if not every other lady in my book club. So I cross stitched little "placards" with that saying on it (though it was thyme...ha ha) and mailed them to my book club ladies because they are truly AWESOME, SMART, and AMAZING ladies I love having in my life.
And no offense, but everybody here is terrible at love. Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=parks-and-recreation&episode=s02e16

No comments:
Post a Comment