It has been too long since I posted a vlog to discuss being bald, transitioning to semi-bald to, really, having a fuzz of hair. I've also not really mentioned the texture in this video, so let me address that now. My hair is exactly the same as it was pre-shave. It is soft, it is thin, and there is still a whole heck of a lot of it. (and ps. I am posting this even later then when I filmed, so I have real hair now to say this with authority). Some people tried to
for too long. and I'm no David Bowie and this ain't the 70s/80s for me to pull off a look like this one) also made the same comment "Well, your hair could grow back different..."except it has grown back, you're cutting it, and it's the same...um, what???
Anywhozzle. I am SURE y'all have been out there waiting anxiously for a new one. Well, wait no more. Here it is - today's VLOG.
Wherein I discuss beauty, feeling feminine, and the definition of and who owns the "being of" or "looking" butch.*
I'll fully admit here, I do not know if I used this term butch correctly, if I was sensitive to people who identify as or with this term, and I will apologize for that upfront. However, in my ignorance and naivete, I'm putting this out there for y'all to respond to and help SCHOOL ME! Tell me what YOU think of the term butch, who can or can't use it, look/dress/identify as/with it, and any other thoughts you have around a white, 30 something woman considering the term and how it applies to her.
Enjoy my amatuer vlogging, folks.

I would love to see the David Bowie Erikka version :)
ReplyDelete