The last time I had short hair was in college. College was over 10 years ago now. Unbelieveable. Of late, I've only gotten my hair trimmed about once a year. This reminds me that when women say things about how short hair is such low maintenence, I know that can't be true! Nothing could be as easy as my hair has been for me.
What do I tell myself to counteract this idea of more upkeep? Short showers! Easy to clean... ... ... ... Well, short showers it is! Oh yeah - experiencing every hair cut as it grows out! Lucky for me, I am much closer to a hair salon that I trust and can get to in under an hour. I also just learned that my colleague is a skilled barber and he can do these for me -
Why did I wait so long?! It was so easy! Took under 10 mins (top looks more fishtail-ish).
Now, onto my vlog -
-------
(back story)
This is me. Me and my hair. My hair and I are going to be really close for the next few months. I'll style it more. I'll admire it more. Because after March 26, we're going to be very far apart. Why? That is the day I will shave it off.
On March 26, I (and many others) will be a Shavee for a St. Baldrick's event my school is hosting. I've challenged my students to help me raise $2000 and they're at around $200 right now. I've also put the word out to friends and family and they've given me $330. This event is to raise awareness about childhood cancers and to raise money to go toward more research for cures. Those are things I can get behind and shave my head for!

That fishtail braid looks so rad! Now you have more to look forward to if you ever grow it back out ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the shaved designs!