Last year I made one New Year's Eve resolution - thou shalt not buy clothes for one year. And folks, the year has finally ended and I am proud of how well I did. Did I buy nothing? Of course not! Did I buy superfluously? No. Did I buy some things? Yes. In fact, I purchased exactly 5 new items last year:
1. a dress for a Boston party (b/c come on, a country bumpkin going to Boston needs a new dress!) - $50
2. a birthday dress (on sale, and TOTALLY and classy - calvin klein striped maxi dress ) - $40
3. a girls' night out outfit (skirt ((similar)), top ((similar, but bow was on back)), f'me pumps ((similar, not the same))- because seriously, a country bumpkin going out dancing needs an outfit!) - $30 shoes + $10 skirt + $10 top = $50
4. two pairs of blue jeans that are straight leg (here and here) as I was so. sick. of skinny jeans and clinging pants. I needed unskinny pants! = $55.98
5. tights, 3 pairs, yes, this was my first and only ... intentional over indulgence in one go, but if I'm addicted to online shopping, I'm addicted to tights more = $31.46
and...
6. I think there was one other thing but it is eluding me...aw yes, I remember now a dress from Tulle that was originally like $70 something that I got for - $19. And that includes shipping! (But turns out it fits me horribly! wahhh! it had such vintagey cute potential)
This is as accurate as I can be after the fact. My grand total is = $276.44. This is a win for me! I don't even want to know what I spent on clothes the year before. And more importantly how much TIME I spent online shopping (even if I didn't purchase anything). I noticed more productivity and focus at work, I found new ways to wear the clothes I already owned, and once I'd passed a certain point, when I did do a little online browsing, I wasn't even that interested and spent way less time looking.
2014, you were good to me! (though in the short month of 2015...I've kinda gone a lil' cray cray on clothes already...oops!)

No comments:
Post a Comment