Remembering didn't really matter as on the appointed day and time, in walked a stranger to the library. Suddenly the memory was jogged, the words Thursday and pick up and free stuff whispered through my brain, and I was up to speed before anyone realized otherwise. I welcomed Caitlin, introduced her to the students council members meeting (as I am also their facilitator), and brought her back to the office to collect her bounty.
As I helped her carry materials out to her car, she told me when she saw my email she was so excited because she was never usually fast enough to get any of the free stuff offered on the listserv. When she got my email, she immediately assumed it was to tell her the materials were already claimed. How fortunate and surprising then that she collected it all! She then shared with me that she was toward the end of the budget, and that by getting these materials, she would now have more money to buy more books.
I thanked her again for coming all the way to my school to get the materials. She thanked me again, profusely, then got into her car and drove off. I turned to walk back into school and thought about how easy it was to make someone else's life or work awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment