For weeks now there has a been a cookie on my desk every morning. The cookies are not left front and center, as though whomever has left them wants the cookie (or them?) to be noticed. No, the cookies are always in the same spot, to the right hand side of my keyboard atop a white paper napkin. Exactly where a cookie would be if I had brought one. This person may know me, I think as I sit down at my desk and turn on my computer. Or they may just be lucky and put it in the most convenient looking spot.
Each day I enjoy eating the cookie with my first cup (at the office) of coffee of the day. Nothing improves coffee like something sweet. The cookies are the same kind usually for a week. As I munch on a so-soft-it-crumbles peanut butter cookie, I wonder if they are homemade batches, hence the week's time, or are they from a bakery? The cookies are definitely not generic store bought, they're too good. More days go by and more cookies are left.
One morning as I pull back my desk chair and set my bag down on it, I notice not a cookie on my desk but something else.
[unfinished, other object + note]
No comments:
Post a Comment