Sunday, November 2, 2014

Break the Silence

Dear Writer's Block,

It's not you, it's me. I can't be in this relationship anymore. No more extra reading time instead of writing that letter. No more long walks with the dog in the woods instead of writing for at least 10 minutes. No. More. You've distracted me long enough. I've let you keep me from becoming the writer I want to be. How did I ever let myself be so distracted by you?

Because you are easy. You are the thing I know. You are the comfort blanket. You are what I can tell myself when I wonder why I haven't written that Pulitzer Prize winning novel just yet (ha!). Talking about our relationship has been my crutch and I am giving it up - I want to learn to walk on my own again and I will.

Hopefully you'll find someone else....or actually, hopefully not. Maybe you need to learn to be your own best friend. Hey, maybe you could write a book? Good luck. Just don't come around here no more.

Sincerely,
Erikka
Writer-to-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment