Stitch Fix is a personal styling service that has a tried and true stylist who shops for you based on a style profile you complete. This stylist will send you 5 items of clothing and/or accessories to your door, either once a month or on a date of your choosing. If you keep nothing (for whatever reason), you mail it all back in a pre-paid priority mail bag. If you do decide to keep something/s or all of it, your $20 fix fee goes toward the cost of your items.
How freaking cool is this idea? Why has it taken this long for someone to think of this internet service?! Thank you Stitch Fix!
Of course the moment I heard of Stitch Fix, I immediately signed up and scheduled a fix! Even before I knew anything about its repute or reliability. I am a sucker for new clothes and if someone is going to help me stretch my style choices, how could I resist? Last Thursday, I got my first fix delivered and it was just as fun and exciting as I thought it would be.
First, you get this sleek looking package and wonder "Is there really 5 items in there?"
To your wonder and amazement, you open it and indeed, there are 5 new items -
You begin to try these items on, some Stitch Fix items mixed with your own goodies -
| Tops and shoes from my closet, new dark skinny jeans from Fix! (Kensie Johnny Skinny Jeans, $88) |
| Top, shoes, and necklace from my closet, jeans from my Fix! |
| Shoes and pants from my closet, top from Fix (Tulle Sweater, $68) |
| Flip flops and pants from my closet, top from Fix (Natasha Front Pocket Sleeveless Blouse, $58) |
| Shoes from my closet, top and pants from Fix! (Heidi Ruched Side Capsleeve Top, $78) |
One item not shown on me is a necklace that was a horseshoe shaped pendant of gold rocks wrapped in wire that hung at the end of a longer chain. The necklace was $28. Out of the 5 items I decided to keep 2 - the Kensie skinny jeans and the black, polka dot sweater. The necklace was cool, but a weird combination that I don't have tops to highlight and was a bit pricey for what it was. The other two tops made me feel like I was an oompa loompa. The blue v-neck top hit at an odd place on my thighs, was a cheaper material I didn't like (kind of cheesecloth like), and unless my tatas are too small, the v-neck was really not a v-neck. The maroon top is the current "in style" look, but I dislike them immensely! The bagginess, the below the waist hang, and the semi longer in back than in front are not appealing and don't compliment my body type.
Overall, if I rated this experience as awhole out of 5 stars, my Fix would get 5 stars! Give it a try, you just mind find the perfect solution to your closet woes. If you want to, use my referral link and help feed my obsession as you start your own - https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3174363
Happy shopping!
Nice Fix! I like the idea, but I'm skeptical still...gotta see what they send my way. I think you made the right choices with the pieces you kept, wasn't a fan of those other two tops.
ReplyDeleteRiiight! And to answer your other question - I took all the shots except for the one of me with the golf club and with Kai. Jason took those two. The others, used the self timing camera app and ran around to get them just right. Ah-noy-ing! Hence my "taking good outfit shots" whine to you and Andi.
ReplyDelete