"Trust is believing that when an individual mutually agrees to carry out a responsibility it will be carried out as promised" (da Costa, 1995 and Riordan, 1995).
the phrase "if you want something done right, you got to do it yourself." so contrary to the above quote. when and where did the first betrayal happen? who let you down so badly that you super impose their attitude, their negative attributes on to every person you meet?
it's so easy to let the negative patterns and habits keep running life. i know i get muddled in my mind speak - didn't I already TELL them this? did they NOT read the directions? they won't do it this way (MY way) so I better do it! or didn't I SPELL THIS OUT FOR THEM?
i want to break from those old tired worn out phrases. i want to take each moment and new interaction with a person for what it is. start small. begin to build. and let each person prove they CAN be trusted before I write off the whole world.
Erikka, you have some really powerful emotions in there, and i like how you're exploring your writer's "voice". This one on trust... I developed my own trust issues in 2008. Ties were starting to unravel and be cut. It's unfair to impose your reasonable distrust on everyone you meet, but when someone VERY close to you breaks their word and has no intention of restoring it, why would you expect anything different from people that AREN'T that close to you.
ReplyDelete"Just keep swimming."