Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So Many Good Books...So Very Little Time...

And now, time for a poll! I have a BUNCH of books on queue for this holiday break. Which should I read first? Here's a little break down of some and then I'll read which one wins the poll.

Impossible

Elsewhere

Prep - recommended as a not-to-read book, so how can I NOT read it to formulate my own opinion?

Love Among the Walnuts

Gilead - did you know that before Obama started reading the Twilight series with his daughters, he was reading this book?


(Look for the poll on the left hand column)



did I ever tell you about my second foray for my "books gone wild" section? if anyone noticed, i have been applying this label loosely, and not to pictures of random people's reads. BECAUSE i tried to ask a few people on the T about the books they were reading, thinking the T ride was a perfect time to ask since lots of people read. I approached a middle aged woman and a guy around my age. Both were very embarrassed and very apologetic in their refusals. it discouraged me, but made me realize there are optimal conditions for getting people to agree to my crazy idea. So..."books gone wild" has morphed to incorporate other things for now.

now on to book talking! I found a new teen/YA review site that has really random, not always typical fluff sounding reads - Reading Rants! Here's a few I picked out that sounded good enough to add to our collection at my work:

Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

What I Saw and How I lied by judy blundell

The Ghosts of Kerfol by Deborah Noyle

Emiko Superstar by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Rolston

Mexican White Boy
by Matt de la Pena

Pretty Monsters by Kelly Link

Chains by Laurie Halse

Getting the Girl by Susan Juby

If I stay by Gayle forman

The Knife of Letting Go by Patrick Ness


Cheers y'all and happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment