Of course I have an example, why else would I be writing this post?
Friday at work I decided it was now-or-never-time to change the bulletin board to a "holiday season" or winter theme. The design I was taking down was one I was so proud of - a fall theme of autumn colors, acorns, and pictures of REAL squirrels (and their scientific data) which I made holding books. A few of my regulars asked why I'd chosen squirrels, but those were the only comments.
As I was taking the squirrels down, a teacher happened to be passing and she exclaimed, "Aw, you're taking the squirrels down! I really loved this board every time I saw it. Squirrels are my favorite animals." I've never spoken to her before, maybe I've passed her in the hallways, and I would never have known she noticed the board. Instead, her path crossed mine at just the right moment.
And now...now she has three of my squirrels above her desk in the history department. Life can be oh so grand.
one she took was this one below - the red bellied squirrel aka Rubrisciurus rubriventer
heehee. squirrels like nuts. i'm so immature.
ReplyDeleteThe squirrel in your picture is the plantain squirrel, Callosciurus notatus, not the red-bellied squirrel of Sulawesi.
ReplyDelete