Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let Them Raise Chickens...or at least ME!

Why must I be teased with the idea but denied of the practice of raising chickens? I tried to find out if my area even ALLOWS for chicken raising, but the city site is so convoluted and full of poli-speak that I can't understand a thing nor whom to ask! Searching through a familiar blog friend's current titles, I found this wonderful new title: Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance. I am not the only one going gaga for raising my own chickens...seems to be rising fad.

I'll darned if I don't even have a yard right now to pretend I could raise chickens...as soon as I get one...Jason's building me a coop and I'm gettin' me a chicken of my own!

2 comments:

  1. I could watch chickens for hours. Such interesting behavior, so many insights. We always had flocks in WA and NH, and I hope to have some once again here in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they smell. ok, maybe they aren't that bad, but when i think of chickens it brings me back to the streets of boston's chinatown district, walking past the live chicken store and wanting to vomit/passout/die due to the stench emanating from that place.

    but i think it would be cool to visit you and your chicken(s) just make sure you start wearing your hair in a bun plus an apron with galoshes all the time.

    ReplyDelete