I want to put Brad Pitt back in the good light, highlight some cool work he's done. Let's talk about his project in New Orleans, LA. A little project aptly called Make it Right. Because face it, there is nothing hotter than a HOT man doing amazing work.
Make it Right does more than just get flood and hurricane victims homes (or let's be honest here, trailers as most of them are) - Make it Right provides the difference between what a family has to pay and how much the house costs. AND, more importantly, the houses are designed to SAVE THEM MONEY and SAVE THE PLANET. Pitt, a wanna-be and lover of architecture, got 13 innovative architects to design homes that "equitable and fair and has respect and provides dignity for the family within [was] absolutely essential to rebuilding here.” Pitt talks a lot about the social injustices visited during, after, and up to this day to the people of New Orleans. He commented with "So what are you going to follow that injustice with? Crap houses with toxic materials and appliances that run up their electricity bills and may lead to a foreclosure? I mean, really." The man has a point. And luckily, he's also got the money to follow through with what he proposes. Make it Right has a goal of building 150 homes and at its inaugural ceremony, there was money to begin working on the first 70.
Yes, Brad Pitt ladies and gentleman. The man gives and gives until it HURTS. And is it so wrong if I happen to picture him out in the field, blue prints in hand, wearing this number...
Naaaah.
I have to admit, that's pretty fucking awesome, him and his wife are a powerhouse! I love the fact that they both give their wealth to wonderful causes.
ReplyDeletePLUS THEY ARE SO PRETTY! Ok, I'm just being silly now.
this is very similar to the post on Surviving Myself today. I think that means we are reaching a tipping point, and the world wants Brad BACK!
ReplyDeleteBrad..........one of my all-time favorites.
ReplyDeleteI love this guy's heart, it is coming from a completely honest place and not just for the sake of being charitable, he really believes in the work he does.
ReplyDelete