Perhaps the first time you realized the creation of a hummer vehicle was possible, you peed your pants in excitement. I'm sure an idea that fills a commodities niche for big time spenders is every business person's dream come true. And with all those endorphins and stimulants racing in your brains and all the work that went into its planning, was there room left in your brain to ask and answer the question - Should we build it? Probably not because as Americans we already learned that "If you build it, they will come." Come they did...as of January 2007 over 120,000 Hummers have been sold all over the world.

You must have done your social research somewhere because you not only created a
Car, I mean a High Mobility Multi-purposed Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV, or Humvee) you created a sub-culture. A status symbol. And a new human fad/reaction for social scientists to study and explain. Thank you Hummer, for filling the need to own the biggest, most powerful, boxiest, and highest gas guzzling car that many people didn't know they had until they saw their first Hummer.
The Prius, the Insight, hybrid Honda Civic, and even that new Hybrid Lexus are for sissies! I don't understand why car companies are making their own hybrids and not their own hummers! Hey car people, you're missing out on the big bucks here! Or maybe it's because auto makers are required by law to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards. The current standards require that the average mileage of all the new cars sold by an auto maker should be 27.5 mpg (8.55 liters per 100 km). This means that if an auto maker sells one hybrid car that gets 60 mpg (3.92 liters per 100 km), it can then sell four big, expensive luxury cars that only get 20 mpg (11.76 liters per 100 km). Smart move by the big men on the hill, and my puppet friend in the big ol' white house. Thanks guys for letting me have my toys as big as I want 'em!
Sincerely yours,
Oil Wells Sucker the First
You need to see this: http://fuh2.com/
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I believe that the newer Hummers are even off-roadable as the original Hummer was built to be, it's all a farse and just a status symbol.
Corporate, big wig fuckers.
See this video to see how off-roadable it really is:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/03/video_hummer_h2.php
I hate Hummers. The drivers think they own the roads and parking lots. I want to write "move your fat ass vehicle jerks!" on their windshield.
ReplyDeleteI've been contemplating starting a "Give the Finger to a Hummer" campaign, but I thought it might put people off.
ReplyDelete