We the people of the United Brita Filter Users demand change. We are on to you and your sneaky ways. Recycling in Europe, but not here, here on the continent that uses the MOST of your filters and creates the MOST trash out of any developed nation. Well, my word, how illogical and unreasonable.
Fake Plastic Fish has started a campaign. Brita, you better watch your back because this woman's smarter than you. For some reason, you changed the design of the filter from being replaceable, as it is over seas, to being one time only use here. Fake Plastic Fish points out some logic - if you can do it one place, Brita, why not every where you sell products?
Being a Brita filter user myself (yeah, I love that dirty water, Boston), I'd love to see one less piece of plastic sitting in a landfill. Head over to the Take Back the Filter site to sign the petition. AND Fake Plastic Fish has even upped the ante for people by making it easier. She is saying we can send her our used filters (only Brita filters though folks, one cause at a time). This way, when Brita receives said petition signed by hundreds of thousands of people AND a butt load of their own waste back, I think they'll get the picture and think of a solution. Send filters to -
Take Back The Filter
5245 College Avenue, Box #815
Oakland, CA 94618
5245 College Avenue, Box #815
Oakland, CA 94618
There is an option and instructions on how to refill the disposable filter. I don't know how easy or safe it is, and you have to purchase your own carbon something or other which is part of the mix that goes into the filter...Some may be bold and daring, so give it a try and tell us how it worked out.
Otherwise, Brita, if you don't change, our relationship. is. over.
Sincerely,
A Conscientious Consumer
ps. take a minute to do the survey up left there...
Yay! I'm glad you're writing about this too! It's such a great program!
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you for posting this. The address to send filters to is:
ReplyDeleteTake Back The Filter
5245 College Avenue, Box #815
Oakland, CA 94618
Beth
this is a great post, way to inform people! I signed the petition already too.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, please do post the send-to address!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I can't believe they recycle in Europe but not here. SHAME.
ReplyDeleteThey don't recycle? What year are they living in? 1981? Jeez!
ReplyDelete