Dear April -
It really has been lovely. Thank you for inspiring me, keeping me writing, and giving me back some creativity I thought I'd lost.
I would have liked to go out with a BANG! but alas, the head cold is only now moving on and I don't want to do anything that might draw its attention back to me. Today I am back at work, hopefully I'll accomplish something.
Yesterday the interview went...fine. I didn't leave with a sense that they loved me, but I also didn't leave feeling I wasn't qualified or that my chances were slim. The woman mentioned having a few more interviews to do next week, so by next Friday, I should hear the final answer. One thing I could strengthen up on is my Young Adult reading. The woman who's position I would be filling described her one challenge as being able to tell "super readers" new books to read. Now that's the kind of challenge I want - to read more books to be able to recommend them to students! Being at the school, talking about books, seeing the students really made me excited. I can't wait for my school to start!
So, onward and upward into May. Remember -
There are only five days until Cinco de Erikka.
Fondly,
Erikka
Glad to hear your interview went well - hope you get the position. Also, is it possible to pass a cold through the internet?? Because I have exactly what you had. Of course, mine couldn't come from working outside in the rain/snow/sleet for 5 days, right?
ReplyDeleteOn to May!!
I wonder if you being sick had anything to do with the interview being only 'fine'. I wish you luck, it would be cool to have a job that would encourage your reading :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe tomorrow is May. I'm sad I won't be around you to celebrate Cinco de Erikka
Good for you, I'm glad it went well. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteQue este Cinco de Erikka?
I hope the news from the interview is good.
ReplyDelete