Monday, March 31, 2008

The List Goes On

This blog is all over the place in topics and interests and concerns, just like me. After a few blog confessionals, and a lot of coming to terms, I've accepted this part of my blog and myself and feel better for it. Praise be!

To keep up in this vein of reaching all corners of the world, I'd like to introduce a new section to my blog. In addition to my DIY component and the April NaBloPoMo focus on letters, I would like to install a new weekly feature on my second favorite thing (my first being writing) - BOOKS and READING!

Here's my idea:

An online book group of sorts that reads a book together, chapter sections over a span of say, a week. I post a weekly blog with my thoughts and or questions on that week's reading and the other readers can do likewise in the comments section. I was thinking that Mondays or Wednesdays would be best as Monday has the week-end before for anyone who reads more on week-ends. Wednesday might work just as a way to break up the monotony of the work week. So, here's where anyone interested can weigh in on the idea. Over to the right there is a little survey to decide which day you would like better. And also, in the comments, I'd be open to book suggestions. Here is my suggestion and if no one else contributes and I am my only book club member, this will obviously be the book of choice - Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingslover.

Hopefully some others will join me and this can evolve into a non-time consuming, fun way to learn, write, and read more.


Peace!

4 comments:

  1. I started reading Animal Vegetable Miracle a while ago, but I never finished it. It just made me wish Kingsolver would start writing fiction again. Speaking of, if you would like a good Kingsolver-esque read, I highly recommend Hillary Jordan's Mudbound. It was one of my favorite books of the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so strange, I just learned about this book on Saturday at a birthday, nintendo tournament, grilling party!
    I want to read it, I to try and be a part of this online book group and I think Wed. would be a good day for reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think legally heidi is doing something similar to this...or it might just be a local group she started...hmm...I can't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Erikka - this is just the thing I need to get me to do this. I'll apologize now just in case I end up being a total failure - anything is possible with me in the spring!!

    Let me know when you want to start.

    ReplyDelete