I’ve always wanted to do this meme since I saw it the first time. Usually I’d go to my bag for my iPod only to find it not there when I needed it. Finally, here is my iPod shuffle meme, stolen from the FC.
Rules: Put your music player on shuffle, press forward for each question and use the song title as the answer.
What does next year have in store for me?
I Was A Prayer – Alkaline Trio
What’s my love life like?
Saw #6 - Aphex Twin - Heliosphan
What do I say when life gets hard?
Force 51 – Digweed and Sasha (hahaha, there is a bit of aggression to most of my other feelings too)
What do I think of on waking up?
Colors and the Kids – Cat Powers (this really is perfect)
What song will I dance to at my wedding?
Dirty Knives – The Bangs
What do I want as a career?
My favorite saying?
Conduit For
Favorite place?
1000 Pound Eyelids – Chad Van Gaalen (Eyes are the windows to the soul…and I do like sleep)
What do I think of my parents?
Fully Retractable – Soul Coughing
What’s my porn star name?
Where would I go on a first date?
Alone in
Drug of choice?
Rebellion (Lies) – Arcade Fire (hehe, I’ll never tell)
Describe myself.
Soundtrack to Mary – Soul Coughing (Hm…like the Virgin?)
What is the thing I like doing most?
Let Go – Frou Frou (so weird, this was like last year’s sound track to my life!)
What is my state of mind like at the moment?
Echo Train – Chad Van Gaalen (how insulting my dear iPod…unless you mean I’m empty like Nirvana)
How will I die?
Beautiful Girl – Poe (young…? gulp)
This is cute, Erikka. I'll have to steal it someday.
ReplyDeleteJust cruisin by. I've been neglecting the blogs lately and wanted to see what was new.
To answer your question (finally!) - I started the book gig at the farming conference about 6 years ago. It started out that I volunteered in the book sales for my friend and she saw that as an opportunity to 'pass it on', so to speak. Always up for a challenge, I accepted and have been growing it ever since! We started out with about 100 titles that first year and this year I will have over 400. It's insane, but fun and even though it's stressful at times, I can't imagine NOT doing it.
As much as you are interested in farming, you should try to check out some conferences. They are a great place to get 'inspired' and learn a lot at the same time. This time of year is a great time to find them in any area of the country.
Loved the pics of you as a little girl - what a cutie - and you are right, we don't really change that much, do we?
Ok, I have to do this:
ReplyDeleteWhat does next year have in store for me? Giver - Hot Water Music (umm...freakishly dead on)
What’s my love life like? Calm Before The Storm - Fall Out Boy
What do I say when life gets hard? Dead End Road - Alkaline Trio
What do I think of on waking up? B Line - Lamb
What song will I dance to at my wedding? Old Moon Meets New - Kind of Like Spitting (I like that sound of that)
What do I want as a career? Dory Previn - Camera Obscura
My favorite saying? Turquoise Hexagon Sun (wow, that's a good one)
Favorite place? In Case We Die - Architecture in Helsinki (I wonder how much has to do with the song name, and how much the band name)
What do I think of my parents? Ya Ya Ya (Looking for my baby) - The Detroit Cobras
What’s my porn star name? Timing is Everything - Piebald
Where would I go on a first date? I Love How You Love Me - The Paris Sisters (guess I'm going on an extreme trip too! oh la la!)
Drug of choice? Pennies on His Eyes - Miss Derringer
Describe myself. Another Song For A Blue Guitar - Red House Painters (wow, deeeeeeeeeeeep stuff here, but I guess I can't deny it right now!)
What is the thing I like doing most? Nothing'servergonnastandinmyway (Again)- Wilco (nice.)
What is my state of mind like at the moment? Something I Learned Today - Husker Du
How will I die? Disseminated - Soul Coughing (I had to look that word up, it means : widely dispersed in a tissue, organ, or the entire body - I hope this doesn't mean my cleanse is going to do me in! eek!)
angie - thanks for checking in with me. i've missed you round here. maybe someday if you make it out here or I out there we'll run into each other at a conference.
ReplyDeletechristine - awesome. who knew that iPods were also psychics? and neat twist on also looking at the band names, i didn't really do that.