Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Please Make Sense of It

I promised an explanation about my dad's estrangement from his family, which will be forth coming. However, there are a few random points to cover - 1. cookie madness update and 2. dreams. Starting with #2 - I had the weirdest dream last night. I need to hear people's interpretations because I am boggled (and not like the game).


#2. There was something epic about the setting. It was post-apocalyptic Earth. The land itself was beautiful - lush, green, trees; mountains; and sunshine with the remnants of buildings and streets grouped here and there. A lot of people were around, but all in the distance from me. There may have been a really big boat too, where many survivors were living. (post-thought - Kinda like an ark) I can't remember how this one sequence began, but it stands out as so heavily symbolic I could not forget it - a SMILING Tibetan monk ( I know it was a Tibetan monk from the robes he was wearing - like the monk's over there minus the hat) held out his hand to me, which I took, and we turned to face down the valley. Water was beginning to flow up from the ground or into the valley, I'm not sure which, about ankle high, and at the same time we could see these monster gorillas stampeding toward us. Trees caught on fire from fire they spewed out of their mouths and people were killed as they came closer. I let go of the monk's hand to search out a safe place, seeing only trees to climb. That won't help - gorillas can climb trees, I thought to myself. I climbed one anyway, one that was scorched and dead already, and watched as a pack of gorillas swarmed the monk, who was still smiling as he disappeared amidst the gorillas. One looked to my tree and blazed forth fire until my tree alighted. I jumped out of it.

I can't remember more. Does it mean anything?


#1. The holiday cookie bake marathon was awesome. we did indeed make the cookies i posted on here and they are FABULOUS. Jason's sister Angela came over and it was such a cozy, fun time baking and playing games. we all tried some DDR. Jason was SO GOOD at it, it was funny, and his sister was not so good. I almost peed my pants watching him, snapping his fingers as he jumped around on the dance pad. it was sweet. i'll post some pictures of our cookie creations soon.

And again, PS! did I mention she brought me my very first Christmas gift? She gave me my very own bamboo round knitting needles and some of her hand spun wool. If you are a knitter and have not visited her etsy shop, you MUST! You will not regret it. She's also selling hand made soaps. Neat-o!


4 comments:

  1. I know nothing about dream interpretation. Mine is usually a healthy mix of all the crap and weird stuff that happened during the day. It is cool that you found an appropriate picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/chasedreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=chaseintro

    this seemed closest to a 'chase' dream scenario. see above link on their interpretation.

    also, jeremy has not always had a beard, but he has had it over a month now i think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie bake marathon?! That sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DT - that too could be what put a tibetan monk in my mind. i have an interest in Buddhism so have seen those images a lot and read up on their practices...

    CBar - I sensed a bit of a chase scenario myself, but I haven't had a real full on chase dream in so long, I'd hoped I'd grown out of them.

    F n' F - It was! This year I did so many typical cheesy holiday things but you know what? I LOVED every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete