Do you send out Christmas Cards? Explain. Sometimes. Usually just to people I know I will not see soon, but love and want to see again. (ie close friends' parents, far away friends)
When do you start shopping for gifts? As early as possible.
Who do you shop for? People I want to buy presents for...is this a trick question?
How are you doing so far with your shopping? I am D-O-N-E.
Do you put up a Christmas tree? If so, is it real or fake? My parents always had real trees. Then when all the kids moved out, they didn't get ANY tree. So one year I drew one and taped it to the wall. The next year we used this little ceramic one with lights (it was the one thing my mom kept of my Dad's mother's stuff). Living in apartments, I've had fake ones until this year when Jason and I have a small, living tree.
Do you like tinsel? Yes, but I don't use it anymore.
What do you do for Christmas Eve? My mom's extended family gathers at someones house and we eat, talk, drink, and have a yankee swap which usually includes people fighting over who gets to keep the booze gifts.
Do you hang your stocking? I do now, but my parents used to.
Does your family read ‘T’was the Night Before Christmas’? Um, no. I didn't know families do that...how unfair.
What’s your favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story
What’s your favorite Christmas song? Bing Crosby's I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas tied with Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas tied with my new favorite, Barenaked Ladies' Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
What’s your favorite Christmas TV special? A Christmas Story
Eggnog or Cider? I never liked egg nog, so cider as default. Jason has been bragging about his egg nog which I will try on the 21st, so I might need to update my answer then.
What do you have for Christmas dinner? Ham with fixings.
Do you participate in Secret Santa? I just convinced my family to try it this year. SS helps lower the shopping stress so I am all about it! Next year we might go one step further and do the SS with one more restriction - we are not buying anything. Whoa! (said like Joey from Blossom) (and ps. I always thought the star was a young Sarah Jessica Parker. did anyone else?)
Who gives you the most presents? My parents.
Do you bake cookies? I bake them AND eat them.
Do you send out Christmas Cards? Explain.
ReplyDeleteYes, what's there to explain?!
When do you start shopping for gifts?
This changes yearly. If I see something during the summer, I'll pick it up, otherwise, I guess sometime in the fall.
Who do you shop for?
Ha. Family and friends. If I can, I'll get a toys for tots. Usually there's always a work secret santa type thing too.
How are you doing so far with your shopping?
So-so. It's hard to find the time, and since I'm in SF, it would be great if I could find local stuff to share, but that's proving to be hard and expensive.
Do you put up a Christmas tree?
I'm not this year. I did get a little re-plantable one last year. My parents always have one, ,my dad used to go cut ours down himself years back. This year they have a fake one :( I'm sort of pissed. Luckily Jeremy and I are going to cut down one for his apartment tonight!
Do you like tinsel?
Not really that much. My grandparents used to put it on, and let my sister and I do it, that was fun, but aesthetically I think it just sort of looks ghetto.
Does your family read ‘T’was the Night Before Christmas’?
Yes, of course, just before we roast chestnuts over the fire and sugarplums dance on our heads.
What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
That super old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
What’s your favorite Christmas song?
White Christmas (Bright eyes version)
What’s your favorite Christmas TV special?
Uh, I would concur with Erikka, A Christmas Story is good, so is National Lampoon's Christmas vacation.
Eggnog or Cider?
Eggnog!!! I want some of Jason's!
What do you have for Christmas dinner?
Pot roast, potatoes, veggies, yum yummies.
Do you participate in Secret Santa?
Usually for work occasions.
Who gives you the most presents?
Santa.
I love Secret Santa.
ReplyDeleteSobe - I <3 Secret Santa too. And though Yankee swaps can get competitive, I like those too.
ReplyDeleteChristine - I'll try to bottle some of Jason's eggnog up and bring it to the potluck. :)