
Here are the promised pictures from my girlfriend week-end. This shot is (from left to right) Megan the English teacher, Jon Kleist the StoneWall Kitchen IT guy, and Christine Kleist...I'm not sure her title exactly, but I know it has to do with helping people with special needs find jobs. Christine and Jon started dating sophomore year and he was a permanent part of our group ever since. This was the first night together, before we hit the beer, and kept it classy with $10 wine. We all brought tapas plates to share for a meal. I brought pumpkin squash soup, not really tapas but totally TAP ASS AWESOME!
Here's my recipe -
roast 1 pumpkin (chopped)
roast 1 squash (chopped)
fry some onions with cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg (to taste and smell preference)
put all into a soup pan with 1-2 cups water/vegetable broth
heat until begins to slightly bubble
put half of the mixture into a food processor then return to pot
Voila, soup! (for fun you could also add a little cayenne pepper for the sweet hot compliment)

This is me on our way to the craft fair, lunch, and the ocean. As you can see, it is pouring out side thanks to good ol' Hurricane Noel. But because of the hurricane, the beach was an amazing sight to see with huge waves.

The new edition in this photo is Laurie. She looks ever so thrilled to have to go stand in the rain for a photo.
From the local artisan craft fair I found a nice gift for Jason's parents - can you guess which it is...

On our way home from the fair, we stopped at a famous little diner, the Maine Diner.
This was taken by our waitress, Nanette, who called everyone sweetie and doted on us like we were all her children. The food was yummy.Christine and Jon are new home owners so they have to deal with getting sweaty, smelly little children knocking on their door trying to sell them something. Christine, ever the sweet one who will be a great mom some day, bought some chocolate peanut butter cushions that were ever so yummy to snack on after our tasty lunch.

Finally, all class and swank aside, we busted out the drinking games. We were all a bit rusty and didn't go too crazy but we managed to squeeze in a game of up and down the river and F*** the Dealer. I know, we are true ladies.Ok, I'm bored with this post now. Because of this NaBloPoMo deal, I felt compelled to write something today. I didn't have a chance to really think though - today at work was really busy and then I had to leave early for a dentist appointment. Some people have blogs to update people about their lives and while I see some of that happening in mine, that is not my major goal. Writing a post like this just does not excite me and I am too...busy to flush out anymore about it.
Argh, blast NaBloPoMo! We'll see how long I last...
That sounds like an awesome recipe. I'm going to have to try it when I'm up and around again.
ReplyDeleteI find that not trying very hard makes blogging easy. That's my secret to "success".
ReplyDeletethanks for the soup recipe :)
ReplyDeleteIs that a wine shaped cheese cutting plate? Are those soaps on the side or oddly colored cheeses? :)
that is a melted wine bottle cheese serving plate with knife. and those are soaps beside them.
ReplyDelete