What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
The movie with the women who went spelunking and it suddenly turned supernatural and scary. Yikes! is all I can say about those crazy, ugly bat things.
What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?
My tap dance recital costumes. They looked a little something like this -
Given enough money what would be your fantasy Halloween costume?
Enough money would mean I could quit my job, which in turn would give me the time to think about a cool enough costume to spend any kind of money on. Otherwise, I have no idea.
When was the last time you went trick-or-treating?
Um, maybe 1998 or 1999...I was a senior in high school or a freshman in college, but either way I still looked 14. Almost too old, but still considered “legal trick-or-treating age.”
What is your favorite Halloween candy?
The gum drops that get stuck to your teeth so you have to ply them off with your tongue. Oh oh oh, and milk duds. And Charlestown Chews. Can you see I’m old school here?
Tell us about a scary nightmare you once had?
My parents allowed me to watch scary movies when I was a pre-teen and a teen. And I had an obsession with R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike books. Needless to say, from about 12 – 21, my dreams were always nightmares of some sort. Usually these nightmares involved me watching every member of my family getting brutally slaughtered by say a werewolf, a thief in the house, a hitchhiker, and just as I am about to meet the same end, I would always wake up. How convenient.
What is your supernatural fear?
Werewolves.
What is your ‘creepy-crawly’ fear?
Spiders.
Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night?
One day I was laying on my parents bed, looking at the cross they have hanging above it. The cross used to be my mom’s parents. I was sitting up sort of on the bed, facing the wall, thinking about my pepe who had just died recently. I felt a tap on my shoulder and as I turned my head, I swore I saw my pepe standing there by my parents’ bed.
Would you stay overnight in a real haunted house?
I think so…but who knows if I’d last once I was really there.
Are you a traditionalist or a creative carver of your Jack-O’Lantern?
I don’t always carve jack-o-lanterns. When I do…I guess I’m a traditionalist in that I always carve a scary face…well, that’s not true. Last year I did a graveyard.
How much do you decorate your house at Halloween?
If I have a party, I go all out. If I don’t, there’s nothing.
What do you want on your tombstone?
I have no idea…I’ll start thinking about this when I feel my mortality more.
dude, I totally had some awesome recital outfits too! I also remember being a present one year, wearing a cardboard box around that was wrapped. Boxes aren't that fun to wear.
ReplyDelete