Thursday, October 4, 2007

Better Late than Never

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007



I've always been behind (or is it beyond....?) the trends of the current year, so it is no surprise that I missed this fun opportunity from yesterday. First, I'll give a "shout out" to the ladies who created this fun little game - Milk Money or Not, Here I Come - don't know this lady yet, but thanks for the interaction...action - and her other friends at Sweetney. and JenandTonic. Where do you find the time to not only write blogs but to be creative and think of ways to help other bloggers!?!? You go ladies.

And now, I'll commence the "shout out" to all the MoFo lurkers out there to rise UP! say hello, and tell me who you are. This here blog is a baby compar
ed to most out there, so there may not be too many lurkers, or too much to comment on, but I welcome y'all. Read a post or two, think of your own story, and share it. That's what this is all about - telling our stories. If I could quit my job and do anything I wanted I would travel around to tape record people's stories.

Oddly enough, as I beg and plead for comments, my timing is a bit off because shortly (as in tonight) I will be leaving for one week's time. My boyfriend and I are going on a trip. He's a grad student and there is a three day conference in Phoenix AZ he is attending. Oddly, this is a perfect spot for a conference and a trip because high on both
of our "Do Before We Die Or Else We Have Failed Miserably at Life" is to see desert life. The images I have seen of the South West have enticed me for some time now, probably since high school when I first read Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey. Finally I will see images like this in person -

We are taking a day to go through Sedona, AZ where I hear there are special, old and holy places called Vortexes. Places where more than our every day 3 dimensions can be felt. If anyone's read The Celestine Prophecy, you'll know what I'm talking about here. And then for one day, we'll be going to the South rim of the Grand Canyon. Who knows when we will ever be so close (4 hrs drive) again, so we decided it was definitely worth the drive.


I'll be attempting to post at least once while I'm gone, but if I fail because my one day spirit quest turns into a week long spirit quest, let there be no hatin' going on. I'll post when I get back and assuage your abandoned spirits with pictures of serene, desert stills.

(If you still don't know what to write after reading a few posts, reading this post, well then...here's a prompt - tell me the story of your first "romantic" getaway. Where'd you go? How did it turn out? How did the then relationship turn out? Best story will win a homemade card from me!)


PS. I would not have known this whole "Delurk" thing was happening if it was not for my girl Kelli over at Roaring Through My Twenties.



`





3 comments:

  1. Not a lurker, but I'll play this comment game.
    Hope the vacation is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erikka! Just thought I would swing through and say 'hi'.

    Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

    ReplyDelete