Interesting enough, it is the last blog that was my inspiration for today's post. (nothing is coincidence I tell you.) He found a funny and interestingly telling online personality/date type test. (http://www.okcupid.com/online.dating.persona.test. if you take it, tell me who you are in a comment!) Always willing and excited to take any kind of self exploration test, I raced to the site. This is me -

The SonnetDeliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLD)
Romantic, hopeful, and composed. You are the Sonnet. Get it? Composed?
Sonnets want Love and have high ideals about it. They're conscientious people, caring & careful. You have deep convictions, and you devote a lot of thought to romance and what it should be. This will frighten away most potential mates, but that's okay, because you're very choosy with your affections anyway. You'd absolutely refuse to date someone dumber than you, for instance.
Lovers who share your idealized perspective, or who are at least willing to totally throw themselves into a relationship, will be very, very happy with you. And you with them. You're already selfless and compassionate, and with the right partner, there's no doubt you can be sensual, even adventurously so.
You probably have lots of female friends, and they have a special soft spot for you. Babies do, too, at the tippy-top of their baby skulls. ALWAYS AVOID: The 5-Night Stand (DBSM), The False Messiah (DBLM), The Hornivore (RBSM), The Last Man on Earth (RBSD) CONSIDER: The Loverboy (RGLM)
When ever the words "astrology" or "zodiac signs" or any other kind of fandangled way of explaining people come up in conversation, there are usually two extreme reactions - denial or complete fanatacism. I fall somewhere in the middle of these polar opposites. Astrology and reading my daily horoscopes do not determine how my day will go or steer me in making major decisions. However, in reading say, my star chart from when I was born or descriptions of the temperment of people born in my time frame, I am almost everything they say. It is eeriely accurate, so there are kernels of truths borne in these stars, predictions, and tests.
Reading over The Sonnet, I see ME. Over romantic to such an extreme that it left me single for a loooooooong time. But as it goes on, I didn't take this as a complete bad thing as I am so picky and won't settle for anything less than extraordinary. Now that I am with Jason, someone who did willingly throw himself into a life with me, he puts up with my careful staging of things or what I like to call "making things special." Oddly, babies have an immediate affinity to me. Usually this is chalked up to my being small of stature (aka short and petite), and being mistaken as "one of them."
Maybe there is more to the things I dismiss as coincidence. Maybe there are either God given or innate gifts we each possess, traits or talents that we can excel at without effort to make our corners of the world a little brighter. Who knows...my jury is still out to lunch on this one.
I'm glad I helped you get back to blogging - it gets addicting huh? And really, how cute is Holly from Nothing but Bonfires?
ReplyDeleteI kind of think re: the profile you got that the girl almost looks like you to. Interesting...
You're right about Eat Pray Love! It has little good parts, but is so whiny and self-serving and totally glosses over the fact that her adventures only work if you are an extreme extrovert with gads of your publisher's money! (And yes, I turned off the comments, but just for that one post, which I didn't want anyone to comment on.)
ReplyDelete